There are many ways to make a difference in the lives of young talented musicians. See how you can lend your support.
7:00 pm @ California Theatre
Dr. Jindong Cai, Conductor
Forces of Destiny
Tchaikovsky’s final Symphony (“Pathétique”), which premiered just eight days before the composer’s death, is the centerpiece of this fiery, passionate program.
- VERDI La Forza del Destino
- SAINT SAENS Havanaise; Momoka Yanagisawa, violin
- WEBER Clarinet Concerto No. 2 , Mvt. 1; Kevin Chen, clarinet
- TCHAIKOVSKY Symphony No. 6
7:30 pm @ Smithwick Theater at Foothill College
John Eells, Conductor
Pomp & Circumstance
This concert is a celebration of music fit for royalty. Dvorak’s Festival March and Crusell’s Clarinet Concerto both feature dedications to European Emperors. While The Drumroll, one of Haydn’s famous “London Symphonies,” premiered in 1795 at the King’s Theatre.
- DVORAK Festmarsch
- DVORAK Slavonic Dance, Op. 46, No. 6
- CRUSELL Clarinet Concerto No. 2, Mvt. 1; Jackson Van Vooren, clarinet
- MENDELSSOHN Violin Concerto, Mvt. 1; Zachary Zhang, violin
- HAYDN Symphony No. 103 ("The Drumroll")