There are many ways to make a difference in the lives of young talented musicians. See how you can lend your support.
2:30 pm @ California Theatre
Dr. Jindong Cai, Conductor
The French Connection
Hear how three very different contemporaries, firmly rooted in romantic music — Saint-Saens, Chaminade and Debussy — together shaped the music of 20th century Europe reaching as far east as Russia.
- DEBUSSY Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun
- CHAMINADE Concertino pour Flûte; Kleo Ku, flute
- SAINT-SAENS Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso; Samuel Lai, violin
- SHOSTAKOVICH Symphony No. 10
John Eells, Conductor
Hope & Glory
This concert features some of the most beloved orchestral works in majestic symphonic tones expressing optimism and hope for a brighter future.
- WEBER Jubilee Overture
- ELGAR Pomp and Circumstance No. 4 in G
- BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 1, Mvt. 1; Ryan Wang, piano
- MOZART Symphony No. 41 ("Jupiter")
New Member Auditions for ’18–’19
We are inviting new members to audition for the 2018-19 season! The Senior Symphony will embark on Baltic Tour ’19, destination Sweden, Finland, and Russia. Program highlights include Respighi The Pines of Rome, Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4, and Shostakovich Symphony No. 10!
Please review the audition requirements and prepare for a June/July/August appointment date (as faculty schedules permit!)
For a full list of openings, visit the auditions page. There are many positions, especially for bassoon, viola, double bass, and brass available at all orchestras.
For Current GSYO Members: Special “Wanted” Tuition Credit Promotion