Audition for GSYO
Musicians ages 6 to 18 are invited to make an audition appointment with GSYO. Individual audition appointments are made year-round, based upon openings in the program. Candidates must study with a private teacher and have had at least one year of lessons to be considered for placement. GSYO orchestras and ensembles are made up of players from across Silicon Valley and throughout the Bay Area.
Before you apply for an audition:
- All participants must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination at time of audition. GSYO encourages booster shots for all who are eligible.
- Carefully read the requirements that are posted for each orchestra and ensemble, and prepare your audition accordingly. The first round of Spring auditions have concluded.
- If auditioning for the 23-24 season, check that there are openings for your instrument at your desired orchestra level. When there are no openings, applications will be held until either a position becomes available or the next open Spring audition period begins, whichever comes first.
- There is a $30.00 audition fee. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If you have any questions, please review the FAQ.
- Interested in the Senior Symphony Orchestra? Please note the following: Musicians who are accepted to the Senior Symphony must attend the Summer Retreat, Aug. 3-8, 2023 as well as the International Tour in late June/early July 2024.
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their audition by e-mail. Placement decisions of the conducting staff are final and non-appealable. If accepted into one of the orchestras, students will be sent enrollment information including information on annual season fees.
- All orchestra members are encouraged to participate in school music programs when such programs exist. By participating in a school music program, you benefit by playing every day, becoming a better sight-reader, and playing an important part in helping to build meaningful music programs in your schools and communities.
- GSYO gives equal membership opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, citizenship, disability, or geographic location.
CURRENT GSYO MEMBERS
Apply for a promotion audition (you must have your GSYO log-in information to access).