How to Join
New Member Audition Application
Musicians ages 6 to 18 are invited to make an audition appointment with GSYO. Individual audition appointments are made year-round, based upon openings in the program. Candidates must study with a private teacher and have had at least one year of lessons to be considered for placement.
Before you apply for an audition:
- GSYO is accepting video auditions for the 2020-21 season. Carefully read the requirements that are posted for each orchestra and ensemble, and prepare your audition accordingly.
- In the Fall, openings vary by instrument and level.
- There is a $25.00 audition fee due when you fill out the application. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. You will not receive video submission information until this fee is received.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants will be notified of the results of their audition by e-mail. Placement decisions of the conducting staff are final and non-appealable. If accepted into one of the orchestras, students will be sent enrollment information including information on annual season fees.
- All orchestra members are encouraged to participate in school music programs when such programs exist. By participating in a school music program, you benefit by playing every day, becoming a better sight-reader, and playing an important part in helping to build meaningful music programs in your schools and communities.
- GSYO gives equal membership opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, citizenship, disability, or geographic location.