Solo Competition and Performance Program
The GSYO Solo Competition and Performance Program challenges young artists to master their art and themselves through development of talent, character, confidence, and leadership skills.
HOW IT WORKS
GSYO will accept video submissions for its April 2021 solo competitions.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, a limited number of winners will be selected to perform during the 2021-22 season. Those that that cannot be accommodated in our concert schedule will be invited to perform at a recital with piano accompaniment at some point during the season.
- The Piano Competition is open to GSYO members and non-members ages 6-18.
- The “All-Orchestra” Competition is open to GSYO members only and is for all instruments (excluding piano).
- The application deadline is final. Please read all instructions carefully. The video submission is due with the application.
- There is a $40 non-refundable application fee.
Musicians who would like to be considered for performances with Symphony and/or Sinfonietta should prepare a solo from the standard repertoire with orchestral accompaniment. Works recently performed at Symphony and Sinfonietta are not recommended. To view suggested pieces for beginning and intermediate levels please click here.