Solo Competition and Performance Program
The GSYO Solo Competition and Performance Program challenges young artists to master their art and themselves through development of talent, character, confidence, and leadership skills.
HOW IT WORKS
Each April GSYO hosts two solo competitions for musicians ages 6-18. One competition is for piano and the other is for all other instruments.
- Winners will be selected to perform during the following season.
- The Piano Competition is open to GSYO members and non-members.
- The Piano Competition will hold a preliminary round via video, with finalists performing for a panel on the competition date.
- The “All-Orchestra” Competition is open to GSYO members only and is for all instruments (excluding piano).
- The application deadline is final. Please read all instructions carefully.
- There is a $45 non-refundable application fee.
- The schedules for the Piano and All-Orchestra competitions will be posted on this page.
- All participants must be vaccinated against Covid-19. We encourage all those who are eligible to get boosted.
Musicians who would like to be considered for performances with Symphony and/or Camilla Kolchinsky Orchestra should prepare a solo from the standard repertoire with orchestral accompaniment. Works performed at Symphony and Camilla Kolchinsky Orchestra during the current season are not recommended. Please check the Previous Winners tab for this season's pieces before selecting your solo.
To view suggested pieces for beginning and intermediate levels please click here.